Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome Vicky Cook!

Introducing

*****Vicky Cook *****




Vicky has a clean fresh style in her card making. She has a wonderful sense of which colors go well together and always finishes her cards with just the right embellishments - not to mention what this woman can do with a stamp!! Here is Vicky in her own words:

I’m Vicky and I’ve been living in Connecticut for the past 10 years. I originally hail from Atlanta, so I’m actually a southern girl at heart! I’ve been crafting pretty much as long as I can remember, but I found card making and paper crafts about 5 years ago and it’s become my true love of expressing creativity. Since I work during the day, I only get to be crafty at nights and on weekends, so I try to make the most of that time!

I have quite a few favorites for tools, manufacturers, etc. and I’m sure you’ll see a lot of these items popping up in my projects. Some of my favorite scrappy tools are my Scor-Pal, Copic Markers, Red Line adhesive (that really sticky kind!), Tack ‘n Peel (for unmounted stamps – this is the BEST stuff), and Stampin’ Up Dimensionals (I refuse to use any other kind). I have a lot of stamping companies I like, but I think my favorites are Papertrey Ink and Stampin’ Up (almost all of my projects incorporate products from one of these 2 companies). And last, but definitely not least, my personal pick for general adhesive is the Tape ‘n’ Roller Plus by Kokuyo.

I’m very excited to be a part of the 365 Cards design team! Hopefully, you’ll find a ton of inspiration and ideas to help you in your crafting endeavors.


And now for her card basket:






Is this gorgeous or what? This makes me want to run right over to Michael's to pick up a basket and make another one!!

To see more of Vicky's work, check out her blog Paper Girl

6 comments:

Saskia said...

Nice to meet you Vicky!! I'm looking forward to your creations at this challenge-blog! And wow...I love your basket!!

greetings,

Saskia

~amy~ said...

Hey Vicky!!! Love your card basket....gorgeous!!!

AUsome mom said...

WOW! That basket is wonderful! I love the color combo of it also. Great job!

Patti said...

brilliant!

Ladybugsinthegarden.blogspot.com

Julia Aston said...

How fun! I love dark basket and that wonderful wide ribbon - great colors on this!

pattiwest said...

So clever to use a woven basket for this project. I love your tabbed dividers & ribbon.