Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 48 - Score a Pattern

We have such an amazing response to Scor-it Week, with so many people jumping in and trying to get all the challenges done by tomorrow night, that I've decided to extend the deadline for completing your challenges in order to qualify for the drawing. You don't need to complete all the challenges to have your name entered in the drawing, but you do get an entry for every challenge you complete. You now have until Sunday, April 19th at 11:59 PM EST to complete all this week's challenges.

Up until now, we've been focusing on using scoring tecniques to create folds in our cards. Now the challenge is to score your pattern. This can be very simple or it can be fancy, and either way the resulting texture can really add nicely to the overall look of the card. As with the other scoring challenges, having a Scor-it board would be nice, but is not necessary.


Sophie's card for the challenge is a wonderful example of this design technique:





This is a great way to dress up some solid card stock, or even patterned paper, without using special embossing tools. Thanks, Sophie, for inspiring us with this card! You can visit Sophie's blog for details.

12 comments:

Kim said...

Sophie what a cute card!

my5bratz said...

another fab challenge, posted 4 cards today to "catch up"..yay...this challenge is the 4th card..have a great weeekend :0)

Girl With the Gadgets said...

Thanks for the challenge.. I have always used my scor pal for folding only..

willow said...

Only 1 more day of Scor-It week left, cant wait for the next week of something similar.
Great card Sophie, the embossing really shows up well on the darker card
maz

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Sophie what a simple and elegant card I love what you did with this challenge.

Ladies thank you for all your hard work and the wonderful challenges so far. I am really having fun with them keep up the good work.

Rose said...

I am enjoying scor it week so much and will be sad to see it end. but look forward to what is around the corner. and thanks for the extra time!

fabricbutterfly said...

Thanks for the extra time, and thanks Sophie for an inspirational beauty. I have a question, with the stick pin, I love it, but aren't people affraid when they use it that someone will get stuck, it is a question I've had for a while, and can't seem to get an answer on. If you can help, thanks. I'd love to use them but I am a bid concerned.

Deb said...

Thanks for the card challenge. I love the simplicity of the "Hello" card.

Gloria Stengel said...

Very cute Sophie! And yay I can post again!

fabricbutterfly said...

I am back up to date, thanks so much DT and Pam for a great week

Linda said...

I am just loving all these challenges. I just posted up my Score a Pattern card and linked to my blog.

Hazel said...

I did my card about ten days ago - showed it on my blog and thought I'd linked it here, but I obviously didn't, so it's now on Mr Linky x