Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 51 - Picture This

Winner of the Scor-it Mini is...............................................................


JEANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Jeannie, you have won the Scor-it Mini along with a storage case. Please email me here with your address so I can get that sent off ASAP!

Many of you completed ALL the challenges for Scor-it Week, and I congratulate you as well:

Fi, Chiara, Lois, Sandy, Fabric Butterfly, Rose Miller, Audrey, Debbie Stelton, Jana D., Kim, Maz, Di, Deanne Burton, Ginny, Wendi, Ivy, Rieca, Lucia, Deb H., Sam, Elisabeth, Linda B, Heidi Stock, and Bex.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and effort this past week!!

The last time we had a Picture This challenge, I asked you to use a photo on your card. This time, I am providing a photo as inspiration. Here's the photo I'm talking about:

I love this photo taken by my good friend, Lora, who is an amazing amateur photographer. I would like to see how this photo inspires you. Here is how it inspired Gloria:



Gloria tells me that she thought of flowers and nature as she created this card, as well as that bright red in the photo, which she incorporated into her card. And she created "dew" on her card using Paper Glaze - how cool is that? Here's a close-up shot:

Thanks for this fabulous example, Gloria!

Now it's time for you to let the photo inspire you~

15 comments:

PaulaM said...

Jeannie - congratulations!
The inspiration for todays challenge is awesome. I immediately thought of a picture I have that is similar. I will work on this challenge later after everyone has left for work/school.

Rose said...

Congrats Jeannie!!! What a beautiful photo to be inspired by today :-)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Congrats to Jeannie have fun with your Scor It.

Wow another great challenge this picture is stunning and very inspiring. Thanks for another great challenge.

Gloria you card really does reflect the beauty of the picture great job.

AUsome mom said...

Congratulations Jeannie!! I have the larger Scor-It and it is a wonderful tool. The pic today is gorgeous! Can't wait to get home and create! Back later...

Karen Lee said...

Congrats Jeannie!

Beautiful card Gloria!

Jana said...

Congrats Jeannie. Enjoy your new toy.

fabricbutterfly said...

wow, that picture is stunnning, it is going to take me awhile to figure out what to do, so I can do it a smidge of justice. just wonderful

Photoscrapper said...

I loved this picture this morning. It really put a great picture in my head. I couldn't wait to get home from school to make this card.

Nancy Sanders said...

The photo and the DT card are amazing. I had a similar pp in my stash. Hope you like my creation!

Birgit said...

I love the photo. I felt one could meditate on that picture. I could not wait to get home and try my own take on it. Beautiful cards everyone!

wendipooh13 said...

congrats Jeannie!!!!! sooo exciting, enjoy

Such a great photo to use for inspriation

willow said...

Congratulations Jeannie, enjoy your new toy and dont forget to show us all the wonderful things you will make with it
maz

Hazel said...

Loved this challenge - good excuse to use big blooms x

my5bratz said...

cool photo, just posted my card (2nd one)

Linda said...

What a beautiful picture for inspiration. I have posted up my card.