Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 53 - Fun with Fruit

Yep - sounds like fun to me anyway - lol!

The weather where I am at has been GORGEOUS - and it makes me yearn for summer and all that goes with it - and although the weather was cold and rainy when I came up with this challenge, a "fruity" card certainly fits with the season now.

Today we've got another super cool guest designer. Let's all give a warm welcome to


Vianney Galarza






Hello from the Windy city…. My name is Vianney and I'm a SAHM to 3 children and I'm married to the love of my life whom I've known since we were 13 yrs old! I started paper crafting as a way to relax while I was working as an accountant at a corporation. After the birth of my second son we were blessed by being able to have one of us stay home and raise our children. I've been creating cards for about 6 yrs now and I presently design for a local stamp store and I've guest designed for an online store. I'm very active at my son's school as PTO president and I teach after school activities on occasion. Most of my work is created at night once homework is done, baths are given, tummies are full and kids are tucked away for the night. Apart from designing I also run a small but successful online shop where I sell my cards and create custom invitations, it's not much but it helps support my paper crafting addiction and the trips to the ice cream shop. I'm also a blogger though I've got to admit I don't think I'm very good at it. :) You can catch me at galacards.blogspot.com.



Here is her card:


And here is DT member Kristie's card:



Once again, two completely different cards that are equally beautiful and inspiring - thanks, ladies!!

17 comments:

Chrissie said...

Really sorry... I put the wrong link on my first attempt at linking my card!Chrissie

Ann said...

Oh, yeah, I'm all over this one! I love fruity cards. ;)

Rose said...

This is going to be a fun challenge! I can use a cut on a cart that I've been waiting for the perfect card and this is it!! Thank you for all the wonderful challenges so far :-)

AUsome mom said...

These cards are just too fun!! I can't wait to get home and work on this one. I have the perfect card in mind. Thanks for another great challenge!

Stephanie said...

Loving these challenges! I just linked up my card for today! Thanks!

PaulaM said...

This was such a fun challenge. I knew exactly what I was going to do when I saw the challenge last night. I am on the West Coast, so can see the challenges if I stay up late enough!! :)

Deanne said...

Great Challenge! I truly have never used fruit on a card before, so this was a challenge.

Nancy Sanders said...

Love your card Kristie. I can't believe you drew that yourself..you are amazing! Thanks again for a fun challenge.

Photoscrapper said...

This was a fun challenge. I love looking at all the cards it has really inspired me.

Lori

scrapaddict said...

Great challenge--- a chance to use some stickers I never use... had high hopes when I bought them however.

Birgit said...

Well I love fruit so this was fun and everyone's cards are so great to see-a pure inspriation!

mommyfink said...

Woohoo....my computer crashed and we had to reboot everything and now I can post. LOL

I just posted my fruit card on my blog. Thanks for all the great challenges!

Tracey said...

got this one done finally! i chose grapes! for wine! LOVE the DT cards....that pear card Rocks!!!

Linda said...

Love your fruity card samples!!! I really don't have much in the way of fruit stamps...but found an old foam cherry stamp and used acrylic paint and Stickles.

my5bratz said...

posted today :0)

Hazel said...

Still trying to catch up with all the challenges I missed - another one done! x

Hazel said...

Sorry, my first Mr Linky was the wrong link (oooppps) - have linked again x