Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 55 - Card Recipe

I have had such fun looking at your cards from yesterday's challenge! I wasn't very pleased with my own take on the challenge, and almost tossed it. But then I decided to share it, if for no other reason than to remind myself that we can learn from our mistakes.

So I will pick myself up and start again with today's challenge~

Wouldn't it be nice if you just had a simple recipe to follow that only allowed for variation in colors/patterns? Here's the recipe for this card:

5x5 card (solid colored card stock - may be smooth or textured)
4x4 patterned paper (you may alter the edges if you'd like)
1 shape (circle, square, star, heart, etc.) - must be solid color
3 jewels
alpha stickers

That's it! Nothing more. Can it be done, and done well? After looking at Sophie's card, I think so:



This is so pretty, Sophie! Now I know it will be tempting to stray from the "recipe", but give it a shot and see if you can stick to it. I will, too ;)

12 comments:

Rose said...

I was getting nervious reading the "recipe" but after seeing Sophies fantastic card I will give it a go after work. Sure wish I could make cards at work LOL

Bex said...

I second that Rose! Although I have managed a quick one before heading off to work today, although I suppose I have cheated because I haven't done yesterdays yet!

PaulaM said...

Well, I have completed my card - it was somewhat of a challenge - and I LOVE recipes!! Go Figure. Thanks for the challenge - these really do stretch me - AND use up some of the stash that is piling up around me!!

Terrie B x said...

Fab creations Ladies...I managed to join in today!!!Yaaahahhh...
Have a lovely Weekend:)♥TFI:)

Ann said...

I thought this would be hard at first, but once I sat down and played with it, it was fun! ;)

Tracey said...

well....i did a little catching up today...LOL! used this 'recipe' to make a wedding card for a friend!!!

Miss Sue said...

I was just recently introduced to this blog. Thought I would give today's challenge a try. Hope I did everything right!

Kelly Jo said...

awesome challenge today!

Linda said...

This challenge sounded pretty easy but I sure had to give it some thought to only use the recipe ingredients. Really fun challenge!! I have uploaded my card.

Girl With the Gadgets said...

Sounded easy but I sure wanted to add a piece of ribbon to my tag.. LOL Thanks 365 cards! You are the greatest!

my5bratz said...

not as easy as I thout it'd be..fun though :0)

Hazel said...

That's another one done - really enjoyed this one x