Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 61 - 'Leaf' it up to me!

First, a little business:
1) Just a reminder that today is the last day of April, which means that we will have another end-of-the-month winner to announce. I will see who has completed the most challenges, and I will post that info in tomorrow's post. I suspect we'll have several who have completed ALL the challenges, and I want everyone who has to be entered into the drawing. Then, assuming I didn't miss anybody, I will draw the winner at random, and post the name of the prize winner on May 2nd.
2) You have until 11:59 PM on April 30th to complete any April challenges in order to be considered for the drawing. If you aren't going for a prize, then you can go back and do any challenges any time you wish :)
3) If you are submitting your creation to be considered for Card of the Week (aka Top Trio), then you have until Saturday at 11:59 PM to complete any of the week's challenges.

Second, have you been over to the Mac Mae Kit Blog lately? Amy and Vicky have put together some stunning creations for your viewing pleasure. The May kit will officially release on the 1st, at which time the April kit will go on sale. To celebrate the release of the May kit, I will have a contest, and the winner will receive a mini kit of May kit goodness. Offical details will be posted tomorrow.

The third and final thing (before we get to our challenge) is today's guest designer. Not only is she a fabulous card maker, she is also a lovely person, always leaving wonderful comments on other blogs. You may have seen some of her cards posted on various challenges here. Please welcome:


Ann Cox

I live in a town called Normal, where I’m a teacher, writer, wife, mom to a furry baby, and lover of all things paper crafty. I’ve been crafting for about 5 years now, and I’m currently a member of the Paper Blooms design team. My style is mostly clean and simple, and I love adding rhinestones, ribbons, and texture to my cards. I love 365 Cards, and I'm so excited to be guest designer today!
So today's challenge is to put a leaf (or two or three) on your card. Stamp it, draw it, cut it out, use an image or the real thing, but there must be at least one leaf on your card. Simple, I know, but we see them everywhere in the crafting world, so I thought we'd include one among our challenges.


Here is what Ann came up with:




Simply beautiful!! And DT member Amy came up with this one:

That lace trim is such a nice touch, Amy! Thanks to both of you for your fine examples. If you want to see more of Ann's work, pop on over to her blog, Creative Antics, and say 'hi'. I guess now it's time to 'leaf' it up to you ;)

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Well woot woot to my blogging buddy Ann!!!!!! Such a gorgeous card!!!

Sandy said...

omg the card is SOOO beautiful!! I love white based cards and this is sooo gorgeous!

Ann said...

Thanks for letting me play along with you today, Pam! It was fun! :D

Rose said...

Hi Ann, I love all you create for Paper Blooms so it's wonderful to see you at this challenge also :-)

fabricbutterfly said...

Thanks Pam, what a great challenge leaves are a personal favorite, and your card is so inspirational.

Gloria Stengel said...

These cards are both lovely. I am a big admirer of this style, but I cannot DO it. I just like to throw lots of stuff on my cards. LOL

PaulaM said...

Well, my leaves are stamped, however, I have been too busy this morning to work on this, and now I have to go off to work! :( I will try to post something later when I get home!

Kathy said...

Fun challenge, I love leaves.

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

A warm welcome to Ann and what a lovely card. I also like the simple elegance of Amy's card as well.

Thank you for another wonderful challenge and beautiful samples.

Alicia said...

I am caught up for the ENTIRE month!! YAY!!!!

Deb said...

Love the simplicity of these cards. They are beautiful. I posted my link. Thanks for the challenge.

Sherry said...

This was fun. I can't wait for the next challenge.

Nancy Sanders said...

Fun challenge Ann. Love both your cards Amy & Ann. Thanks so much for the great inspiration.

my5bratz said...

yay Ann...

another fab challenge and cards :0)

Linda said...

Wonderful challenge and sure an adorable card!!
I have linked my card for this challenge.

Hazel said...

At last I've done this one - really enjoyed it x