Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 71 - Super Sketchy Sunday

To those 365ers who are celebrating today - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

I get the pleasure of spending the day with my mom and my daughters. As I write this, I'm sitting in a hotel room in Wisconsin. We are on our way to visit with family in Illinois. Then it's on to Iowa - a Where's Waldo of sorts :) Let me tell you it was a looong day of travel, since we began our day in Washington state, and I had no internet access! I was very disappointed to learn of the Mr. Linky issues that continue to arise, but I am assured that these issues are being resolved.

So, we will carry on as usual here at 365 Cards, and that means we must acknowledge our Top Trio:

1) Sherry Ann - for this super sweet photo card confection.
2) Hazel - we loved your crisp clean grad card.
3) Vickilyn- for a soft and pretty take on this week's sketch.

Congrats ladies - you may grab the blinkie over in the side bar for Card of the Week.

And great work to those who completed all the challenges - which was a particular feat this week, what with the Certain Sentiment challenge. Thanks for linking up everyday this past week:

~Sherry Ann, Bex, Jana D., Fi, Maz, Rose M., Debbie S. and Alicia~
If you completed all the challenges from Sunday to Saturday, and you don't see your name here, let me know.
Today we welcome my friend and fellow staff member at Scrapbook News and Review, Anne House! She has created this wonderful sketch for us, along with her take.



This is beautiful, Anne, thank you! Not only is Anne an essential part of SNR, she also keeps things runningly smoothly over at SNR Card Universe. Have you checked it out? If not pop on over and join in the fun!

So I do believe I mentioned a prize for this challenge...

How about a THREE MONTH Subscription to Scrapbook News and Review? All you have to do is participate in this sketch challenge to have your name entered into the random drawing. Link up your card by 11:59 PM EST on Saturday, May 16th to qualify.

Let's see the DT cards:


Vicky


Tammy


Sophie

Pam



Kristie



Gloria

Amy

Now it's your turn to join in the fun. Create a card for the sketch, link it up, and head on over to SNR Card Universe for some serious fun!

21 comments:

Rose said...

I hope all have a wonderful Mothers Day!!!

Hazel said...

Thank you for choosing my grad card for the top trio - what a lovely surprise this morning. It's not mother's day here in the UK, but happy mother's day to all who are celebrating today x

Sherry said...

I am so excited to see my name in the top trio this week and it makes me want to work even harder this coming week on my cards.
I have really enjoyed doing the different challenges each day and I have met a great group of ladies here. I look forward to chatting with more of you.

Sherry (aka SherryAnn)

Bex said...

Congrats to the Top Trio! Fab cards from the DT team today too!

Vickilyn said...

Woo Hoo!! That was a great Mother's Day surprise!! Thanks for picking me in the Top Trio!!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Congrats to the three winners great job Ladies.

Welcome to Anne nice to meet you.

Another wonderful sketch I can not wait to start my card today!!!

Most of all HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL what ever you are doing enjoy your day.

Donna said...

Mothers Day has been and gone over here in Cyprus but I hope you are all having awonderfull day!

PaulaM said...

Congrats to the top trio AND Happy Mother's Day to all of you. I posted my quick sketch - it was so simple - thank you for something simple after a tough week of challenges!!

fabricbutterfly said...

beautiful sketch and cards DT I'll have to play tomorrow :(

Birgit said...

I have time today to do a challenge and I always enjoy this. Again beautiful cards. I wish all mothers a beautiful mother's day!

wendipooh13 said...

what a great sketch and love all the DT takes on it!!! glad I was able to get to this one..

congrats to the top 3!!!

Quirky said...

loving the sketch :)

Just tried my luck!

Crafty Num Nums said...

I had a great time with these challenges. I finished all the ones for the week too :)

Deb said...

Fun challenge. Thanks!

The Mommy said...

Great challenge....certainly challenged me!

Julie said...

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I didn't....anyways, its here now!

my5bratz said...

fab sketch, wonderful FT cards, just posted mine :0)

Kristie said...

Great sketch and I love the fabulous samples!

Alecia Castro said...

Got mine added... had fun with it, thanks!!

Tracey said...

awesome sketch! awesome DT LO's!!! thanks for the challenge!!!

scrapaddict said...

Hopefully I made it in time.