Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 75 - Imagine This: Coffee

This post comes to you from the lovely state of Iowa! I will be here for just a few days and then it's back home. I've enjoyed all the cards you've been posting, and I am itching to get back to my scraproom!!!

We've had busy (but fun) days on this trip, and I have really relied on coffee to get me going each day, so it is appropriate that today's challenge features coffee as the source of inspiration. It's another Imagine This challenge, and you can either use an image of coffee (cup, beans, etc.) or let an image of it inspire your card.

Today we have 2 cards to share because we have another guest designer. Introducing:


Darlene D'Eon


Hi, my name is Darlene D'Eon. I have been scrapbooking and cardmaking for just over 5 years and totally love this craft. I've done some sort of crafting all of my life usually to help supplement our family income. When I discovered scrapbooking, it became such a personal craft, something special for our family. Something that I hope we'll treasure for years. I have been married to my honey, Gene for almost 25 years and have taken great pleasure in being a mom to our son Keith who is 22 and our daughter BJ, who is 20. Even though I could spend every waking moment scrapbooking, I do have a casual day job as a bank teller and I do still enjoy quilting occasionally. I am so pleased to have had this opportunity to guest design for 365 Cards.
And here is Darlene's card:

Now that is one delicious looking cup of coffee!! Thanks, Darlene, for sharing this with us. If you wish to see more of Darlene's wonderful work, take a peek at her blog here.

And because it's Thursday, we also get to see some eye candy from DT member Amy:

Another fabulous creation - thanks, Amy!!
Don't forget that you have until Saturday night to post a link for the Sunday sketch challenge to be entered into the prize drawing. Details here.
Now it's time to "coffee" up your cards~

18 comments:

Rose said...

Welcome Darlene, what a fantastic card!! Amy love yours also. OK Pam this one will be a challenge as I dont drink coffee...diet coke is my pick me up!! glad your having a wonderful trip :D

One4Joy said...

whatever you're having, Amy...love the heart cozy on the cupa Joe!

R Krishnan said...

lingzhi coffee is one of the best from DXN.

~amy~ said...

Welcome Darlene...LOVE your paper pieced cup...a-dorable!

fabricbutterfly said...

Darlene and Amy great cards, but like Rose I am a Diet Coke kinda a gal, so this should be interesting.

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

A warm welcome to Darlene thanks for joining us today. Great java cards Ladies I am inspired. Have a wonderful day!!

AUsome mom said...

Hi Darlene! LOVE your card!! Great papers!! Amy....your's is ausome too! We love you a latte too....:)

Bex said...

Love those cards guys! I REALLY struggled with this one today!

Chrissie said...

I added a card via Mr Linky this morning. When I looked this evening my name wasn't there. Has this happened to anyone else? It has happened to me on several blogs using Mr Linky recently.
Chrissie

Sherry said...

I must not have been awake this morning when I did my card or I didn't have enough Coffee. I forgot to add the link to my website and I would have been #2.

scrapaddict said...

Darlene, Amy love your cards, Thanks a Latte!

Sonia Kertznus said...

sorry, posted my card in the wrong spot.! it is for day 76 challenge. :(

Nancy Sanders said...

Love your card Amy and love the challenge of coffee theme as i could use an SU sat that I have long neglected.

My name is Fran, said...

Coffee every one? Not a bad ideal.

my5bratz said...

another non coffee drinker here...lol...just posted mine :0)

Tami Wood said...

love your card amy. I did post two cards for this challenge. I forgot to *fix* one of them last nite and actually publish it on my blog. Oh hi Sherry if you are reading this. I'm sorry we couldn't get together for coffee today.

Hazel said...

Still trying to catch up! x

PaulaM said...

I finally did this one, after much contemplation, thanks for my friend Lori M for the encouragement.