Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 114 - Lovin' Lavender

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for making Cosmo Cricket Week so much fun!!! There were over 260 cards entered into the random drawing! And the winner is:



Please send me your address so that I can get that big stack of paper sent off to you :)
Now let's talk about our Top Trio:


1) Wendi - for such a unique take on a wedding card that we couldn't help but 'love'.
2) Diana - for this very clever sketch card that made us smile.
3) Janice - for a beautifully feminine card.

Congrats for receiving Card of the Week honors!
Now for those who completed all the week's challenges:

Susan (One4Joy), Sherry Ann, Shari, Fi, Karen Lee, Chrissie, Wendi, Rose Miller, Ella, Lila Castro, Jenny S., Doreen, Karin Hoag (Crafty Girl), Vickilyn, Cheryl, Piali, Glenna, Paula M., Linda B., Michelle M., Rae T. - WOW! Is that a record? Way to go!!! Please let me know if you completed all the challenges from Sunday to Saturday last week and you don't see your name on this list.

And on to today's challenge. It's self-explanatory, I think:

Make lavender the dominant color on your card.

As with past dominant color challenges, those who love crafting with this color, will likely find this easy, but it will certainly be a challenge for those who don't.
Here's Gloria's card:

I'm not too sure if I like to craft with lavender, but I love what Gloria can do with it!
How do you feel about this color?

17 comments:

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Congratulations to the winners, brilliant cards. And I am pleased I have managed my first full week for you. I am loving this blog, thank you all for your wonderful inspiration, and your lovely comments on my blog, I'm trying to get around you all to marvel at your wonderful techniques and the way everyone has such amazingly different takes on the challenges. Sorry for the saga! Jenny xx

AUsome mom said...

Thanks for top trio honors!! That chicken is a hoot and I hope to use her more! Congrats to the other winners too and to all of the incredible crafters here who amaze me and so many others day after day. Gloria....beautiful card! I'm not one to use lavender much so this really is a challenge. Have to think about this one....

wendipooh13 said...

congrats to Alicia the big winner!!!! way to go.. thank you soooo much for picking me as one of the cards of the week!!! and congrats to Diane and Janice... can't wait to get startedon the new challenge!! love the example

Alicia said...

Thanks! Congrats to all the top trio winners! I am still working for that honor!! You are some VERY talented ladies who push me to try my best!!!

Piali said...

Congrats everybody

One4Joy said...

It was nice to see the winners cards once again. Wow, girlz...

Lavender is a favorite of mine so thanks Pam!

Dee said...

Congrats to all the winners. This has become one of my fave sites. It has helped me work outside the box. Create more on my own and not copy from a picture.

Melisa said...

I love the color purple. I submitted my first ever card for 365!

KreatesKards said...

Another WOW card and done in my favorite color too ... purple.

MindyYoung said...

My very first submission for this challenge - hope you like it!

Mateja - Darcy said...

I love purple color. this is my first card for 365 Cards!

Karyn said...

Thanks for a great challenge. I would never have created a card like this otherwise.

Linda said...

I really like working with the color purple/lavender....great challenge.

Bobbi said...

I love purple so this was a fun challenge

PaulaM said...

I know I am a bit behind, but I just got this one done this morning and uploaded. I LOVE Lavender!!

Hazel said...

With John in hospital I've not been able to keep up with the challenges, but needed to make a couple of sympathy cards, so this is one of them x

Alecia Castro said...

Got mine added, way late as usual, hehe.