Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 115 - Piece it Together

Paper piecing is a very cool technique, and it looks just as good on cards as it does on scrapbook layouts!

You may recall seeing some cards with this technique when we featured digital images from the Cutting Cafe on our cards. You can print an image on plain or patterned paper, mixing and matching colors and patterns to create a complete image. You can stamp on the paper or cut it freehand. Die cutting machines can also be used to piece together images. It can be time-consuming, but the final product is well worth it.

Here is Tammy's card:


Wonderful example of paper piecing, Tammy! For details on how Tammy created this card, visit her blog.

If you've never tried it before, then this is a great time to try the technique - we can't wait to see what you come up with!

5 comments:

One4Joy said...

Paper Piecing is one of my favorite things to do! Come take a look see. And to Tammy, your card is charming, love the wide scallop panel

Kim said...

What a fun challenge!

Karyn said...

I really enjoyed this challenge. It was the first challenge I'd attempted for 365 Cards and the first crafting I've done for months. I've only ever done paper piecing once before so this was a real treat. Thankyou.

PaulaM said...

Paper piecing is always a fun challenge. I finally decided to finish up this image that I had started awhile back.

Spicey Cat Chick said...

Wahoo!!! I DID IT!!! I finished all the June challenges! Please let me know if you are missing any of my links. I'm pretty sure I got them all posted. I'm so excited to finally do it (and on time)!