Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 139 - Try a Technique

Ever try paper piercing? Well, that's what this challenge is all about. All you really need is a tool with a sharp point, and you're all set.

The specifics: Use the paper piercing technique to create a pattern on your card. It doesn't have to be elaborate, just something to add to the overall appearance of your card.

Here's how Sophie used this technique:

If you look closely at the card, you'll see that sophie pierced around the circles to create a really neat effect.

Just one more day left of Shortcuts Week! I'm looking forward to sitting down as I usually do at the end of the week and going back through all the cards and enjoying all the eye candy you've left in the gallery!! See you back here tomorrow with our last challenge of the week~

9 comments:

One4Joy said...

Great technique, I've used it quite a bit this week...on today's card, I paper pierced the aroma of the coffee. I probably need to do a zoom and post! Fun

Mojo Hugs said...

LOVE Sophies' DT card! I might just have to have a go at this one, oh, and the quote one from yesterday. Just didn't have time last night!

JacErnst said...

love this idea!! I'm defiantly going to play tomorrow after my exam. hopefully i can get all this weeks cards done!

PaulaM said...

I have posted mine. This was a wonderful challenge - to get out old products and use them!! Thanks for the challenge and Sophie your card is wonderful.

Anthonette said...

Gorgeous card, Sophie! I love it.

Tasia D. said...

This was fun! I've been trying to do the rest from this week all day. I'm almost done! Hopefully I can get all the others from this week in before tomorrow night, fingers crossed!!

Linda said...

Very beautiful card!!
I have posted my card in Mr Linky.

Wendy K. said...

Ha ha, I read this wrong and thought paper piecing but I had both on my card so it worked out!

Prettier Stuff aka Melissa said...

I like all kinds of stitching but the paper piercing is still one of my all time favorites. It is so quick and easy yet so cool.