Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 143 - Keep it to Yourself: Sympathy

The first couple of times we had this challenge, I think it was easier because they were occasions (e.g., birthday) with images that are often associated with an event - cake, balloons, gifts, etc.


This Keep it to Yourself challenge is to create a Sympathy card. It's difficult to convey the message without putting the sentiment on the front, but that's what I'm asking you to do. HOWEVER, the message CAN be on the inside. The idea is to create an appropriate card for this type of situation, which is often difficult anyway.


Tammy really created a lovely card, which allows for a personal message on the inside. I know I've spent quite a while at the card store in the past, trying to find just the right card for such a situation, and I've generally been disappointed. Now that I make all my cards, I hope to find inspiration here as we take a stab at this one, which leaves quite a bit of room for creativity, I think.

7 comments:

Tasia D. said...

Whew. This one was difficult. I've gotten so used to putting a sentiment on the front of every card! I think I pulled it off, though. Great cards so far, ladies!

Quirky said...

Yeah, Tasia... I agree with you. This is one toughie :)

Patti J. said...

Sheesh! I nearly did it again! I created and posted to my own blog, but forgot that I needed to come over to Mr. Linky too! Sigh...brain cells, where are you?

shelly said...

a bit challenging not using a sentiment :) but a fun challenge :) thanks!

PaulaM said...

This was a challenge, and it took me a couple days to think about this one. I finally completed it though. Thanks

iamtutu said...

I am late in posting as I have been off line but I thought I would share anyway. Thanks for all that you do!

Hazel said...

At last, I've done this challenge x