Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 163 - Try a Technique: Masking

Welcome to the 2nd day of Art Glitter Week!

Let's get started with a look at the Top Trio from last week:

1) Beckynoelle - for this very creative indoor scene that had lots of fabulous details.
2) Glenna - for this cleverly created sunflower.
3) Juls - for this stunning vintage-inspired cool collage card.

And here are the Weekly Challenge All-Stars:

Ella, Crissy, Patti J., Quirky, Tasia D., Jenny S., Celeste, Piali, Rebecca, Carolyn V., Chrissie, Paula M., NW Flamingo, Rose Miller, Linda B., SAM, Michelle M., Kerstin and SherryAnn.

Today I challenge you to try a technique - Masking! Here is a link I found that gives a nice description of this technique. This is just one way to use masking - you can also do some sponging - or in Gloria's case, add glitter - check it out:
You know you want to pop over to Gloria's blog and get the details on this.
BTW - The prize winner will receive a wonderful kit filled with glitter, adhesive, and information on several techniques using glitter.
Back tomorrow with more details and a card from Tammy!

8 comments:

Tasia D. said...

Wee! That was fun!

TesaB said...

Congratulations to the top 3!!! Gorgeous cards and way to go! Loved todays challenge!

PaulaM said...

Congratulations ladies - you have done an outstanding job.
This was a wonderful challenge - and when I saw it I KNEW what stamps I was going to use. In fact was just thinking of these stamps the other day.

Christina said...

Another awesome challenge! Thanks! And congrats to the winners!

fabricbutterfly said...

wow, I am soo excited that my sunflower card was chosen one of the top trio, thanks so much, and thanks for all the kind words, this is such a great challenge blog.

beckynoelle said...

Thanks so much for putting my kitchen card in the top 3!!!! yay! :)
This challenge was lots of fun!!! I had so many ideas for it, it was hard to pick just one!

Jaggs said...

I think I am all caught-up now. Wow this was fun! Bring on the next group!

Jaggs

Kim said...

May be hard to tell in my card but I really did use masking in the traditional sense...