Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 275 - 'Tis The Season

First of all, I want to apologize, because I would normally post the Top Trio and the Weekly Challenge All-Stars, but I spent the entire weekend selling cards at a local bazaar, and I'm afraid I didn't finish looking at all your wonderful cards. I will finish today and post that info tomorrow, and I thank you for your patience :)

Now I will get to today's challenge. Whether or not you celebrate Christmas, you're probably seeing RED and GREEN all over the place. I know I am, so of course that color combo popped in my head. So that's the challenge: Put lots of green and red on your card.

Not only did Gloria include those colors on her card, but she used a super sweet snow person image from KLM Designs:


I love that it looks like it's snowing in the background, Gloria!!
Now, your card does not have to be a Christmas card - any theme will do, as long as red and green are the dominant colors.

12 comments:

Queenie said...

Morning Pam first time entering over here.
Beutiful card by Gloria and cute image!!!
Brrr very cold here in Scotland this morning.
Have linked to Mr.Linky and thanks for looking.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx
ps it is the second card on the post i am entering,thanks.

rozzy said...

I hope mine fits in... I've added my card
thanks for looking
hugs rozzy xx

Karen S said...

All colors are fun to play with during the Holiday Season but I love traditional red & green at Christmas.

Gloria Stengel said...

Welcome to you newbies! Can't wait to see your cards. I live in San Diego so this card is as close to snow as I get! In my defense, I spent the first 39 years of my life living in the snowbelt, 10 of them in Minnesota! So...I am enjoying my time here in the sun. hee hee

Terry Oulboub said...

Gloria, your card is beautiful! I love snow folks and her having that quilt is perfect - lovely card! I'm a native Californian and spent 15 years in San Diego when I was in my twenties...boy did I love the sun but since I've not been around snow (it snowed here in Northern Cali in '75 but melted as soon as the sun came up). It snows in the mountains but usually they block the roads or you need chains and it's about a 4 hr drive...maybe I'll brave the mountains...naw...I'd rather just do the challenge! :)

Corrie said...

my second challenge this month! I like it....I hope you like my card. Thanks.
greetings, Corrie

Gisèle said...

I just love today's challenge. Red and green is just so perfect for this time of year. Frankly, I couldn't make Christmas cards all the time.
Thanks!

~Jeri~ said...

Thanks for letting me play along!

Tracey said...

that snowman is super cute! thanks for sharing and inspiring!!!

Tammy said...

I'm very used to snow up here in Canada--but not as much as many non-Canadians think. The majority of Canadians live within a 3 hour drive to the US Border, so we experience all 4 seasons, including very hot and humid summers.
We have yet to see snow this season where I live, but I'm sure it's coming soon. In 33 years, I think I've only ever experienced a couple "green" Christmases. Just spent $600 on some new snow tires, so I'm a little jealous of those of you in the sun who don't have to worry about that expense--just imagine all the paper-crafting stuff I could've bought with that money ;)

sharon said...

Hi, Love the snowman card. It's my first time entering your challenge, I hope you like my card. Sharon x

li-bee-ti said...

My second entry is not for the challenge itself. I just wsnted to share with you a card I've done a few month ago, that fits this challenge so much.
Thank you!