Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 328 - I'm a Frayed Knot

The title for this one is also the punchline of an old joke, but it works great as a card challenge, too!
You need to take a piece of ribbon, tie it into a knot (a bow counts) and fray the ends. You can also use any other material that frays easily.

Check out Sophie's:

I really like the effect that this creates - and that's some beautiful ribbon you've chosen, Sophie! I don't know about you, but after tying bows using ribbon, the ends often fray a bit and I have to trim them up. Seeing how nice this looks, I think it would be fun to urge the fraying along and then the look is intentional.

No need to tell a joke, just give us a frayed knot ;)

6 comments:

Diane S. said...

I like the idea of frayed -That's how I feel today!!

Vicky said...

Great blog! I think i have to join in one of those days. I would like to introduce you to InLinkz (www.inlinkz.com). An alternative to Mr. Linky. It's free, easy and stable. It also supports linked thumbnails instead of just link text lists! Check it out at my blog for a working example http://www.clips-n-cuts.com/2010/01/inlinkz-and-a-blog-candy/

Lena said...

I love this challenge...my cards a little PG-13

Jammie said...

I have a hard time coming up with birthday cards for boys.... so when I read this challenge I instantly knew I wanted to use the rope and fray that... I just had to come up with a card around that! ha ha Pirate Monkeys!!! what could be better!?!?!?! Thanks!

Leigh said...

thanks for the great challenge I have uploaded mine now

Shawna said...

Found your blog through Hog Wild About Stamping. Will have to sign up for email updates. Happy Day Ladies!