Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 183 - Digging Deep

Well it's Monday, and that means some winners. And today that also means a Guest Designer! But first let's talk about the winner from KLM Designs Week.
Congrats to Rachel Hope!!!
Please contact me here to make arrangements to receive your prize!
We've got a fabulous Top Trio and here they are:
1) Niili - and this creatively quilled sketch card.
2) Delisa - Inspired by sugar, this card is super sweet.
3) Wendy P - For some creatively colored crabs.
Thanks for sharing your talents with us this week, and feel free to grab the Card of the Week blinkie from the sidebar.
We have two Weekly Challenge All-Stars this week:
Pamela S. Wade and Linda B.

They both made wonderful cards everyday from Sunday to Saturday last week! If I missed anyone please let me know.
I believe I mentioned this week's prize for one lucky winner. I will share pictures throughout the week, but I am giving away a big RAK in celebration of my 2nd blogoversary over on my personal blog. Here are some images of the patterned paper the winner will receive:


And that's all I'm sharing for now...

So today's challenge is called Digging Deep because it requires you to dig down in that stash to find the following things and include them on your card:

An item (not paper) that is at least 6 months old
2 sheets of patterned paper that you've never used
An embellishment that you've had for more than a year
A stamp that you've never used but you've had for at least a year

First I will share Gloria's incredibly stunning card:



You can visit her blog for all the details...

You might recall that a few weeks ago we invited some Top Trio winners to be guest designers for us. Well today we have Kristina Harmon and her take on the challenge. Here is her gorgeous card:



And here's a bit about this card designer:

Hi there, my name is Kristina and I am so happy to be a guest designer here at 365 Cards! I am a wife, mom, and nanny. I love doing paper crafts and have been scrapbooking on and off for years, although I took a MAJOR break from 1999 - 2009. I started a blog to share my passion and interact with like minded people. My days are filled with drool, bottles, diapers, cooking, cleaning, fur and of course crafting and blogging. You can learn more about me, my family and my passions on my blog, http://kmhworld.blogspot.com/ .

We're so happy that you could join us on this challenge, Kristina, and thanks for sharing this wonderful card!

Okay 365ers, we'd love to see what you get from 'digging deep' in your stash - and if you have any trouble meeting the above requirements, then just come as close as you can...

17 comments:

niili said...

thank you ladies! you made my day smiling!

Catherine Pooler said...

Had to dig, but I found a few great things to use!

Tiffany said...

Love your card Kristina, super cute!

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

I really really wanted to win this guest designer spot, but I couldn't have done a card as wonderful as Kristina's. She is amazing. I too had a hard time fulfilling requirements "exactly" but I came close ! Thank you, Pam.

ScrappingBeauty said...

love the design and the cards! I dug out an old Halloween set I adored but never used. Thanks for the inspiration!

Manoli Navarro said...

The two cards are great!
Thanks for the inspiration

Renee said...

Ooooh, Kristina, you card is so elegant. I really like it!!

delisa said...

Wow, I love both of the inspirations cards. The little fence is wonderful with the flowers & the bunch of flowers on the other card is so creative. Both of these are truly beautiful :> This was a fun challenge & I love the "green" thing...using what you already have. Thanks for a fun day :>

sweet craf-tea chick said...

love your card, kristina! it's AMAZINGLY beautiful! *hugs* steph :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

what fun, I went digging...

Jamie said...

Definitely had to dig on this one! Thanks!

Stacy said...

Digging was fun! Thanks for such a creative challenge!
Hugs, Stacy
{doraecyscraps.blogspot.com}

maria said...

Love the pussy willow card!
Dug up the organza flowers I created a long time ago - actually a blast to make. Maybe I'll make more. Thanks!

Joj said...

So glad I participated in this challenge! I loved digging into my stash to use some different stuff than usual!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful card Kristina!!

Sharanda said...

These cards are GORGEOUS!! I love the rays in the field on Gloria's card. It looks so peaceful. On Kristina's card, I love that image!! Congrats to all the winners!!!

Stacy said...

I had lots of fun on this one!! Scrounging around made me realize I have lots of other things I can use. Thank you!