Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 147 - Monday Background Challenge

So here's what we've got going on this week...

We'll be focusing on backgrounds and I'll post challenges about decorating the background to your cards all week long.

Today, the background challenge is half-and-half; specifically 1/2 polka dots and 1/2 solid background.  However you choose to decorate the rest of the card is up to you.

Here is Annie's take on the challenge



So elegant, especially with that Floppy Latte image - wow!

So the challenge is nice and simple, just fill half the background with polka dots and the other half with solid paper, otherwise anything goes...

12 comments:

Alanna said...

Lovely card!! I love polka dots so I'm in for this challenge!! Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the week brings! :)

Shelley said...

I just discovered your site and I love the challenges and DT samples! I'll be adding your site to Feline Playful so that more crafters will find their way to you!

Smiles, Shelley
Lead coordinator, Feline Playful

Rachel W K said...

I had a lot of fun with the polka dots, it was just what I needed for my grandma's birthday card! Thanks!

Birgit said...

This was fun and I always enjoy your site even if I am not on as much as I would love to be...I will try this week to do a card. Lovely card that was made!

Shell said...

Love this challenge! It worked so well with the card I did. :) Thank you.

María Ximena Silva said...

Beautiful card!! Love it!

Yvonne Garner said...

Have always been attracted to polka dots, so this was especially fun! Thanks. Yvonne

Gloria Stengel said...

Love that image! What a fab card!

Mrs. Miles said...

Hello and thanks for the wonderful challenge and inspiration. I truly enjoyed this and perhaps will join in once again.

~ Barb (Mrs Miles)

Lauren'sGlitzyBits said...

Thanks for a great challenge, I didn't read so well though and have stamped my solid background, uh oh

Olga said...

Beautiful card...love the silhouette image.

GrannyGoodwitch said...

A fun challenge, Thanks for the challenge.