Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 75 - Tone on Tone

Hello and Happy Monday!!!

I hope you've had a little sunshine and blue skies.  I've had the good fortune of looking out the window at a cloudless sky today, which is quite a gift here in the Pacific Northwest.

So with today's challenge I was able to craft a card that fit with the weather here.

The challenge is to add letters, images, patterns or anything you can think of that creates a tone-on-tone appearance.

I chose to layer letters I cut out of patterned paper right over the same pattern to create part of the sentiment, check it out


You have lots of freedom with this challenge - whether you use paper or embellishments there must be an overlap between at least 2 elements that creates a tone-on-tone look.  In this case, I used the exact same patterned paper for my two elements, but it's not necessary.  What you use is completely up to you...

6 comments:

Caroline Tan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...

I am not seeing the tone on tone element on this card :(

Jacqueline said...

She has used the same paper for the letters as the paper under that. You can see it if you enlarge the picture. I think Tone on Tone is: using the same colours, like you match your purse with your shoos. I hope you'll understand my Engelish.... :)

Jacqueline said...

The first card isn't right on this challenge, the second is... Sorry...

Caroline Tan said...

Put my card in this morning. Hope it fits the tone-on-tone requirement.

Velvet said...

Entered a blue tone-on-tone card into the challenge. My first ever entry from my brand new shiny blog! :-)

Look forward to seeing all the inspiration.